Our Father created our bodies so complex it has turned atheists into believers, simply because of the Intelligent Design argument for the existence of a creator. If you see a computer on the ground, you don't think it just happened to form into a computer over time, but you realize that it had a creator. In the same way the human body has programming code built into it in the form of DNA. We know by looking at how complex something is that it necessarily had a creator.
Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and deity; so that they are without excuse
We see that even though YHWH is invisible, we can get to know Him by looking at the things that are made by Him.
Fasting from food parallels fasting from sin
Fasting from food is allegorical to fighting sin and demons. When you fast, you start to get hunger pains. When you fast from sin, you start to feel tempted into sin more. This is because parasites and demons work in the same way, so much so that they may very well be connected.
Since our Father tells us that we can see what He is like when we look at the creation, when you see what happens to your body when you fast, there is a spiritual lesson to be learned. When you fast from food, as I said, at first you want to eat because you think your body wants to eat. But these hunger pains and craving may not be from yourself. When you have parasites or Candida overgrowth it can control your mind to make you think you want sugar, or processed foods, because if you eat those, you will feed that bad bacteria or feed the parasites so they can live and multiply. What's going on is you're starving the parasites and bad bacteria off and they don't like it.
In the same way, when you stop sinning, you are starving the demons off. In a way they feed off of the energy you give them every time you engage in sin. You think it's your natural tendency to get angry or lust, but it's really the demons mind controlling you (like parasites do) to get you to engage in sin so that they can live and multiply (or get more spiritual power over you). When you stop eating for a while, the hunger pains go away and your energy increases (because it's not being spent on digesting your food anymore), and your mind will become clearer. When you stop sinning for a while, the temptations from demons start to go away (Resist the devil and he will flee - James 4:7), and then you can become more spiritually energized from the Father, since you've cleared the demons out you will be able to hear from Him much more clearly.
When you fast, your body repairs itself and actually eats away at the bad cells, which is why people are much healthier when they do intermittent fasting, or fasting once a week. The abnormal cells like cancer or even skin cells that are not needed if you're losing weight, will be "eaten" by your body. It's called autophagy. In the same way, when you fast from sinning, your spiritual body will repair itself.
Our Natural State is Regeneration And Healing
The body would naturally heal itself if we weren't getting in the way of it. If we ate less, fasted once in a while, and ate healthier foods, the body would repair itself. This shows us, in a parallel, that YHWH is naturally trying to heal the world also (but the world is getting in the way of that healing). The healthier we get, the less bad cravings we'll have, because you will find out that it was the parasites and/or bad bacteria that was making you crave those things that were unhealthy to begin with. Your body will start to enjoy healthier foods, and crave the unhealthy foods less simply by you starting on a journey of eating healthier, fasting once in a while, and detoxifying your body.
Our body is already detoxifying itself. But this world is toxic, and we keep ingesting toxins, most of the time we're overloading our system so it has to store those toxins to deal with later. Most of us have been doing this our whole lives, so we have years and years of latent toxins sitting around being stored. And when we start to give the body a break, such as going on a fast, or intermittent fasting, the body starts to get rid of old baggage we've been holding onto.
Signs of Detoxification
When people make a drastic healthy change to their diet or lifestyle, they're letting their body know it can start to heal itself. Then they may start to feel "sick". Based on our definitions of the word "sick" this may seem counter-intuitive. It just means your body will show symptoms as if you are "ill" because your body is cleaning itself up and releasing toxins into the system so that you can finally get them out of your body to get you healthy.
- Body Aches
- Nasal or Sinus Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Skin Imbalances Such as Rashes, Oily Skin, Acne, or Boils
- Flu-like Symptoms
- Fatigue and/or Disrupted Sleep Patterns
- Frequent Urination, Loose Stools & Digestive Upset
- Emotional Issues like Depression, anxiety, fear, lust, etc.
Now, those don't sound like fun, but at least if you're experiencing them, you know what's going on. You're healing. But it's rough, and you don't want to go through that. So I am going to discuss ways that I sped up the detoxing process.
Important Notice - This site does not provide healthcare advice, I am not a doctor and am not claiming to be one. This is a compilation of things I went through to detox and am sharing what worked for me. If you're on any medications or have any pre-existing conditions, please do your own research and consult others.
Ways to Detoxify Easier & Faster
1. Dry Brushing: Get a vegan dry brush and brush your skin when you wake up. This opens up all the pores on your body. If you don't dry brush, imagine all the pores on your body being clogged with dry, dead skin flakes and dust from the air. Toxins are supposed to come out of your body through your pores when you sweat. If your pores are all blocked, that's why you'll end up with rashes, pimples and the like when you detox. So dry brushing will help to keep that down. You can also look into using some Diatomaceous Earth or Bentonite Clay with a little Apple Cider Vinegar (or Kombucha/SCOBY) on your face for a type of facial mask to suck up the toxins off your face. Doing the dry brushing before exercising in the morning is beneficial for sweating out toxins right before a shower. I'll leave a link to a good video on skin maintenance below.
So, the more you dry brush those dead skin cells off, the better, because the toxins will have that many more extra skin pores to leave from your body. This may be one of the most important ways to help the detoxing process.
2. Drink lots of water. One of the signs above that you're detoxing is constipation. You need water to eliminate feces (which contains a lot of toxins). Imagine trying to detox and realizing that you're constipated, all those toxins are being released and the body is trying to send them out to be eliminated, and you're holding onto them, and the toxins just get recycled back into the body. It's why you would feel "ill" during this time. Even if you are not constipated, drinking water is of vital importance as it helps to get rid of toxins every time you urinate also. This is an extremely important thing to consider when detoxing. Also, if you had the opposite reaction of diarrhea, it's important to introduce more water.
3. Move Your Waste Along Once again, if you're not eliminating your waste then it's releasing toxins in the body. Be sure to eat plenty of fiber to get it out of your body as soon as possible. You may want to seriously consider enemas to help move things along. Even if you think you're getting everything out, you will most likely eliminate more if you do an enema.
4. Naturally Detoxifying Foods, Drinks, Herbs: Green Tea, Lemons, Oranges, Grapes, Blueberries, Ginger, Dark Leafy Greens, Garlic, Brussels Sprouts, Beets, Parsley, Watercress, Artichokes, Seaweed, Cilantro, Burdock Root, Elderberry, Turmeric, Milk Thistle, Cypress, Hydrangea Root, Gravel Root, Pau d'Arco Bark & Dandelion Root. Probiotics are very important to try to introduce in your system, research which probiotics you will enjoy, like Kombucha, Kefir, Yogurts, Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Tempeh, Miso, Natto, etc. Probiotics are the good bacteria and they will help to balance out the bad bacteria. Most people (through an over abundant use of antibiotics) have more bad bacteria than good. We want to add as much good bacteria as we can.
5. Epson Salt Baths: Try to get a big bag of Epson Salt in bulk, and take a bath with a cup or two of Epson Salt, to sweat out toxins. I've heard anecdotally to do about 40 minutes in the tub. That the first 20 minutes or so you're releasing toxins, and the last 20 minutes or so you're absorbing the magnesium. Many people have low magnesium levels also, so that's another benefit. You could also do a ginger root bath, it will help you to sweat out toxins. Remember to bring a glass or two of water with you. You want to replenish the water you're sweating out.
6. Activated Charcoal: You can add a little bit to water and drink, but be careful as it's black and can stain your clothes. This safely draws out toxins from your system.
7. Exercise: Besides the fact that it's really healthy to exercise, you're also going to sweat and that will release toxins.
8. Use a Sauna: Once again, you're also going to sweat and that will release toxins.
9. Fasting or Intermittent Fasting: Some people go on water fasts. Some people do juice fasts, that is where you don't drink any pulp. There is a difference between smoothies (where you use a blender and drink the pulp) versus juices (where you use a juicer and don't drink pulp). If you drink pulp, it can't be considered a fast. Another way to fast is intermittent fasting. This is when you go for a certain period of time without food. When you eat dinner, and sleep, you're fasting. That's why Breakfast is called Break-fast. You're breaking your fast. But what make intermittent fasting more beneficial is to lengthen the time you go between meals to give your digestive system a break and your body will have more time and energy to work on healing and detoxing. The easier thing for me is to just skip breakfast and try to eat after noon. Then your time period for eating would be something like between 12 pm and 8 pm. You can lengthen that period or shorten it. You can intermittent fast every day, every other day, or once a week, it's up to you. The more you practice intermittent fasting, the easier it is to do. I also found that Intermittent fasting regularly has helped me get through complete fasts of over 24 hours. Once you're used to it, it's just not that big of a deal anymore.
10. Oil Pulling: Swishing coconut oil and/or sesame seed oil in your mouth is a great way to take care of your teeth and remove bacteria. Just take about a spoonful of oil and swish it back and forth through your teeth for about 20 minutes and then spit it out in the garbage. Coconut oil thickens at a lower temperature than most oils, so if it goes in your drain, it may cause a blockage, which is why you should use a garbage for disposing of it. You can also add activated charcoal for more benefit, but activated charcoal can be quite messy, so be careful handling it.